Post-Secondary Scholarship for Children of Merit Member Employees
*2017-18 application forms will be offered in the Fall
The Merit Contractors Association Post-Secondary Scholarship is intended to assist children of Merit member employees pursuing post-secondary education, including apprenticeship technical training. This scholarship awards first-year students. The top 80 applicants, by grade 12 academic standing, will be awarded $750 scholarships. The scholarship applies to any accredited post-secondary institution.
Apprenticeship students entering their second period of training will be eligible for a second $750 scholarship, providing they have successfully completed their first year of training.
Apprenticeship students must re-apply after completion of their first year to qualify for the second $750 scholarship.
A copy of AIT (AB Industry Training) marks, student I.D and proof of enrolment of second-period training, must be submitted with the application.
*A second scholarship is only available to apprenticeship students who applied in the previous year.
To qualify for the Merit Post-Secondary Scholarship, a student must:
- be under 23 years of age at the December 31, 2017, application deadline;
- be listed as the dependent child of an employee participating in the Office Supervisory Plan or Hour Bank Plan;
- have parent/guardian in benefit at the time of application. (if you require further clarification as to your benefit status, please sign into the Employee Portal on the Mercon website.
The following must be submitted with the application:
- ORIGINAL Alberta Department of Education high school transcript;
- A copy of high school diploma
- A copy of acceptance letter from institution
- A copy of post-secondary student I.D.