COVID-19 Complimentary Webinar: Returning to the Workplace
Complimentary Webinar – COVID-19: Returning to the Workplace: Psychological & Legal Considerations
We are delighted to announce that Mathews Dinsdale and Homewood Health, leader in mental health and disability management services, will be presenting a joint webinar on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 aimed at helping employers navigate the return to work process as Canada moves into the re-opening phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This webinar will have a particular focus on issues employers may face in dealing with mental health, stress and anxiety issues in the age of COVID-19. Mathews Dinsdale’s presenters, Andrew Reynolds and Hilary Grice will be joined by Homewood Health experts Dr. Sandra Primiano, Ph.D., Psychologist and Toni Harrington, MSW MSc (Occupational Health Science).
Topics of focus:
- Preparing for the psychological impact of returning to the workplace
- Managing anxiety and stress as it pertains return to work issues
- Lessons learned from our Return to Work Team
- The duty to accommodate and the return to work process
- Legal considerations for employees who do not return to work
- Remote work considerations
- Tips for engaging employees in dialogue around return to work concerns
As part of our commitment to assisting employers through these difficult times, Mathews Dinsdale has also established a number of dedicated resources to assist with providing employers with immediate support, any time of day or night, including:
- 24-HOUR COVID-19 TELEPHONE SUPPORT: 1.855.632.4647 Our lawyers are available to assist with working through these issues, and are committed to providing a timely response. However, where there is a particularly pressing need for support, Mathews Dinsdale has established a 24-hour telephone support line which will provide a more immediate connection to one of our firm’s lawyers.
- 24-HOUR EMAIL SUPPORT: email@example.com In addition to having access to their preferred Mathews Dinsdale lawyers, and the 24-hour telephone support line, employers can also directly email our Firm’s COVID-19 response team any time of day.
- COVID-19 RESOURCE WEB-PORTAL: Available here. This website contains information about the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 impacting the workplace, including information about: government announcements, legislative changes, court and tribunal closures, and a series of helpful FAQs. This regularly-updated resource centre also acts as a centralized depository for relevant In A Flash articles, webinar information and other important resources.
If you have specific issues relating to the impact of COVID-19 on your workplace, or would like assistance with developing and/or reviewing pandemic plans, please do not hesitate to contact your Mathews Dinsdale lawyer.