In a Flash: COVID-19 Latest Developments
The circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 global pandemic are extremely fluid, with material developments occurring daily. Set out below are highlights of the latest developments, with corresponding links to more fulsome articles:
- British Columbia Government Extends Temporary Layoff Period Due to COVID-19 (more)
- Alberta Introduces Bill 24 to Respond to COVID-19 as State of Emergency is Lifted (more)
COVID-19 Employer Update – Webinars (view recordings)
As part of our commitment to assisting employers through these difficult times, Mathews Dinsdale has also established a number of dedicated resources to assist with providing employers with immediate support, any time of day or night, including:
- 24-HOUR COVID-19 TELEPHONE SUPPORT: 1.855.632.4647 Our lawyers are available to assist with working through these issues, and are committed to providing a timely response. However, where there is a particularly pressing need for support, Mathews Dinsdale has established a 24-hour telephone support line which will provide a more immediate connection to one of our firm’s lawyers.
- 24-HOUR EMAIL SUPPORT: firstname.lastname@example.org In addition to having access to their preferred Mathews Dinsdale lawyers, and the 24-hour telephone support line, employers can also directly email our Firm’s COVID-19 response team any time of day.
- COVID-19 RESOURCE WEB-PORTAL: Available here https://mathewsdinsdale.com/covid-19-employer-support/. This website contains information about the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 impacting the workplace, including information about: government announcements, legislative changes, court and tribunal closures, and a series of helpful FAQs. This regularly-updated resource centre also acts as a centralized depository for relevant In A Flash articles, webinar information and other important resources.
If you have specific issues relating to the impact of COVID-19 on your workplace, or would like assistance with developing and/or reviewing pandemic plans, please do not hesitate to contact your Mathews Dinsdale lawyer.