LEAN Construction – Project Team Course
An Introduction to the Last Planner System (LPS) and Pull planning from the Associated General Contractors’ of America LEAN Construction Education Program.
Plan and control your Projects ( with less aggravation ) more efficiently with these techniques that help reduce waste by improving work flow reliability.
The intended audience is Foreman and Supervisors of General Contractors and Sub Contractors.
This course teaches through simulations designed to represent actual conditions encountered on a jobsite.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the effects of batching on production systems
- Identify the effects of pull on production systems
The course is divided into two, two-hour sessions:
- Session 1 introduces Pull Production Systems and provides Pull in Construction examples as a part of the workflow.
- Session 2 introduces the concept of production planning, as contrasted with project management. The differences between reactive and proactive control are also explored.
Merit members receive a 25% discount
Lean 101: Foundations of Lean Construction – FREE e-Learning course (with purchase of LEAN Construction)
These Foundations of Lean Construction Online Course serves as Lean Construction 101 course and is the starting point for your Lean Construction journey. (Link will be provided upon purchase)
This 50-minute self-paced e-learning course provides a foundation of the key concepts and terms used in Lean Construction, providing you with the background necessary to further your Lean Construction Education.
Following this course, you will be able to:
- List examples of Lean Construction in practice.
- Discuss benefits of Lean Construction.
- Define Lean Construction.
- Explain the origins of Lean Construction.
- Describe Lean Construction tools.
- Identify Lean Construction implementation opportunities.
*Link and instructions auto emailed upon purchase of LEAN Construction