Post-Secondary Scholarship for Children of Merit Member Employees
The Merit Contractors Association Post-Secondary Scholarship provides assistance to children of Merit member employees pursuing post-secondary education, including apprenticeship technical training. This scholarship awards first-year students. The top 80 applicants, by grade 12 academic standing, will be awarded $750 scholarships. The scholarship applies to any accredited post-secondary institution.
To qualify for the Merit Post-Secondary Scholarship, a student must:
- be under 23 years of age at the December 31, 2017, application deadline;
- be listed as the dependent child of an employee participating in the Office Supervisory Plan or Hour Bank Plan;
- have parent/guardian in benefit at the time of application. (if you require further clarification as to your benefit status, please sign into the Employee Portal on the Mercon website.
The following must be submitted with the application:
- ORIGINAL Alberta Department of Education high school transcript;
- A copy of high school diploma
- A copy of acceptance letter from institution
- A copy of post-secondary student I.D.
**Apprenticeship students entering their second period of training will be eligible for a second $750 scholarship, if they received the scholarship the previous year and have successfully completed their first period. Apprenticeship students must re-apply after completion of their first year to qualify for the second $750 scholarship. A copy of AIT (AB Industry Training) marks, student I.D and proof of enrolment of second-period training, must be submitted with the application.
2018/19 Application Form
The 2018/19 Application form will be available in September. Please check back then.